Operations - Securities Division Operations - Exchange & Clearance Ops - Analyst - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with trading desks, exchanges, non-displayed liquidity providers, technology teams, and other business partners to manage post execution risk and design effective controls? Exchange and Clearing Operations (ECO) is seeking an Analyst or Associate who is looking for an opportunity to apply risk management and problem solving skills to manage post execution risk while implementing effective control that allows business partners to scale their execution and clearing businesses.
OUR IMPACT Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation.
For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Exchange and Clearing Operations support the Securities Division. This group focuses on equity and Fixed Income products and manages controls that focus on post execution and clearing risks.
The role requires managing key trading relationships, partnering with technology and exchanges to ensure the appropriate connectivity and clearing agreements are in place before clients can execute in the market. ECO team is also focused on improving straight through processing (STP) rates by enhancing existing trade workflows and trade reconciliations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Grow and challenge a talented group of individuals at varying stages of their career
- Manage the risk of multiple functions that span the life cycle of equity and Fixed Income products
- Providing thought leadership and growing the control and client service strategy
- Establish new controls for by partnering with Technology to design, build, and operate in a straight through processing (STP) environment
- Responsible for the implementation of the control framework as part of new business/activities and migration to strategic architecture
- Develop business intelligence capabilities able to identify risk
- Partner with Securities Division Operations (SDO) and GSS business action client requests for new trading flows
- Work with customers and counterparties to finalize details of clearing agreements
- Foster relationships across multiple areas in the Firm including trading desks, operations, technology, legal and compliance departments and global groups
- Keep up-to-date with regulatory change and participate in industry forums
- Champion reengineering programs with the goal of increasing efficiencies globally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with high levels of ownership, and driven to achieve
- Highly organized individual with attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income products
- Ability to balance tactical and strategic thinking
- Risk management focus
- Project management, change management or process improvement experience is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top