Operations - Securities Division Operations - Derivatives Settlements - Vice President - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
OPERATIONSOperations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Derivative Settlements is seeking a professional with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing all cash flows and associated risks related to derivative transactions across our America's client base.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Derivative Settlements is a high-value risk and client facing team in Operations that across multiple asset classes, ensures the economics of our derivative transactions and the delivery of any cash flow exposures are appropriately risk managed. The team is primarily responsible for settling trades for the derivatives business.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Operational risk management of the firm's cash flows related to trading activities. Settlement functions include support of trading/sales, regular client interactions, settlement execution and approval, resolving balance breaks and settlement fails, and managing the accuracy of the firm's books and records
- Partnering with Sales, Trading and Credit Risk Management teams to establish sufficient controls to ensure the settlement risk with counterparts is managed effectively
- Liaising with Legal, Compliance and Operations team to ensure full compliance with the financial regulatory reforms such as the Dodd-Frank act
- Building and implementing Firm polices for governing the settlement process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally.
- Develop procedures and assist with building systems and controls to onboard with industry initiatives
- Develop business plans to translate Firm and Operations strategies into teams objectives and share progress and achievements with senior management
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related discipline
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Quantitative and analytical skills coupled with project management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top