Operations, Securities Division Operations, Derivatives Settlements, Analyst - Tokyo
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations spans all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Are you looking to apply your problem solving abilities and creative thinking while deepening your knowledge of derivativeproducts and industry changes? The Tokyo Derivative Confirmations and Settlements Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with excellent teamwork, organizational, communication and risk management skills. You will need to multi-task well and be able to adapt quickly to an ever-changing list of demands. The role will require extensive coordination and interaction with both various internal teams as well as external clients to manage the macro derivatives business.
The Tokyo Derivative Confirmations and Settlements Group supports the execution of Rates and FX Derivatives across Asia markets.The team engages with the business, federation, and clients to actively manage the firm's settlement and confirmation risk, as well as draft documentations for structured products. We foster a strong partnership with the Business to help grow the franchise business and execute on new trading strategies.There is a strong commitment to and opportunities for developing our support framework so it is optimal in its efficiency and can better service our clients' needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Build and maintain a strong Business relationship with various trading and sales desks across Asia
- Coordinate with external clients and internal teams to resolve discrepancies and ensure the timely execution of confirmations and settlement instructions
- Prepare and review legal documentation of non-standard derivative trade documentation with Trading, Legal and outside counsel
- Partner with Legal, Compliance and Operations team to ensure full compliance with the financial regulatory reforms
- Implement Firm polices for governing the settlement process to strengthen fraud prevention controls globally
- Support the buildout of systems and process to accommodate regulatory, industry, and new business initiatives
- Partner with regional and global Operations teams to execute on broad base strategies and projects
SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The preferred candidate will have minimum 2 years of operations experience, preferably in FX and Rates Derivatives. Knowledge of current industry/regulatory focuses and structured transactions a plus.
- BA or BS degree required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel and Word
- Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
- Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
- Attention to details and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues
- Japanese language capabilities - both written and spoken
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top