Operations - Securities Division Operations - Credit Operations - Associate/VP- New York
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual with a strong interest in Structured Derivatives. The ideal candidate would be able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment, partner with the Business and other core Support areas in order to facilitate business growth with a key focus on the risk and control around the trade capture, documentation, and settlement of structured financing transactions.
Structured Credit Middle Office sits within Securities Division Operations and is responsible for supporting the transaction management of all business generated by the various Structured Credit Trading businesses globally. We partner on an ongoing basis with a variety of groups across the Securities Division and wider Federation globally. The products being traded range in complexity from vanilla OTC derivatives, bonds and loans to the most innovative, structured financing transactions on the market today (whereby elements of these transactions include TRS, Repo, SPVs, CLNs and Mortgages). The team is not only responsible for managing the day to day business but more importantly partnering with the business to facilitate new activities, implementing new industry initiatives and ensuring we constantly challenge the functions and way we are structured to become more streamlined and scalable.
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work in a high-profile team and to contribute to Goldman Sachs by demonstrating excellent leadership, outstanding client service and commercial effectiveness to ensure new business ideas are implemented efficiently and within the global control framework that firm expects. You will be part of a team that is responsible for driving change within a demanding and complex environment that offers excellent opportunities for motivated and ambitious individuals to contribute to our business and gain exposure to senior managers in all areas of the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Middle Office support for various global Structured Credit Trading businesses
- Account management for clients and counterparties, managing all operational aspects of structured financing transactions and communication with external clients
- Risk mitigation, ensuring client activity is successfully managed post trade execution
- Manage key operational aspects around the issuance/execution for complex structured financing transactions
- Subject Matter Expert in Credit Derivatives, Loans, Debt Instruments, Structured Financing transactions and associated operational processes
- Actively involved with idea generation and implementation of creating quality solutions within the team to support new client and business activity and regulatory adherence
- Work with other key Federation stakeholders such as Controllers, Legal, Credit, etc. on executing new business and maintaining the existing portfolio of trades
- Provide Lifecycle Support and guidance to Trading Desks, Sales and Clients. This role will involve a large amount of facilitation and negotiation with global teams across all divisions
- Work closely with other team members and management to achieve both industry set and internal targets
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Banking or similar environment
- Partner with the Business and Federation to provide subject matter knowledge in effort to facilitate smooth trade management processes
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handle difficult requests, build trusting, long-term relationships with clients and manage client/business expectations
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Commercial Impact - Demonstrates an ability to develop ideas and proposals by stepping back to provide a broader insight on processes and control solutions
- Operational knowledge of Bonds, Loans, Total Return Swaps and CLNs will be highly beneficial
- Credit Derivatives Documentation including Swaps, Notes and CDS, highly advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of Regulatory commitments in the Derivative markets is beneficial
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top