Operations - Securities Division Operations - Confirmations - Associate - New York
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? Our Cross Product Confirmation Drafting team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with legal, sales traders and structurers to represent the firm's derivative product legal risk through creation of ISDA documentation of vanilla and structured derivative transactions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Cross Product Confirmation Drafting Group is an ISDA OTC Confirmation drafting team for commodity, interest rate, foreign exchange, credit and equity derivatives. The team are responsible for drafting trade documentation in line with the relevant ISDA Definitions, utilising termsheets and our risk capture system. It is a department which has to continually adapt to and keep pace with changes in the business, markets, technology and the regulatory environment. Partnership with the sales, trading, structuring, legal and middle office teams are key to effectively managing the trades we support. You will be required to be enthusiastic, dynamic, flexible, client service orientated and focused on control, accuracy and maximising efficiency.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Draft OTC derivative trade confirmations (in commodity, equity, credit or foreign exchange derivatives)
- Demonstrate technical acumen and accuracy ensuring confirmations utilise the appropriate ISDA Definitions, Supplements and MCAs
- Mitigate risk through maintaining accuracy and consistency around termsheets, risk bookings and confirmations
- Proactively partner with internal groups (sales, trading, compliance) to execute confirmations
- Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of template architecture
- Partner with the Legal Department to agree upon appropriate templates for new structures
- Take responsibility for maintaining timeliness in accordance with market standards and regulatory requirements
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Associate position with operations experience, preferably with experience in a derivatives line role
- Experienced drafting and reviewing structured products or legal documentation
- Understanding of risk and controls required to support derivative transactions
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the team by working closely with colleagues by sharing information, skills, and responsibilities
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective problem solver
- Takes actions to ensure that controls are in place and procedures are followed
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Skilled at gathering and analyzing quantitative data to guide decision-making
- Has personal impact and experience to negotiate effectively with other internal groups, including sales/trading/structuring teams
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a trading environment
- Ability to manage line related projects for efficiency/control improvements
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, ability to gather stakeholder support for initiatives across teams and see them through to execution
- 3+ years of full time work experience
- Undergraduate Degree Required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top