Operations - Securities Division Operations - Commodities Operations - Associate - New York
- New York, NY
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your analytical skills while expanding your understanding of the base metals industry and logistics chain? Our Bulk Logistics team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with a variety of different departments in order to mitigate risks associated with the logistics chain involved in metals transactions.
Bulk Logistics is a high-value risk management team in Operations that is responsible for managing all physical aspects of our Commodities business. Working closely with other areas of the Company and Operations, the Logistics team controls the risks associated with a variety of transactions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interact with traders, strategists, and structurers in addition to middle office, legal, compliance, credit, IT, tax, insurance, product control and documentation teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation.
- Partner with clients and vendors daily to provide the best possible service in managing our global physical delivery program.
- Work with a team of product experts to review all economic and logistical aspects of physical trades while gaining financial and reputational risk awareness.
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring that contracts accurately reflect the terms agreed.
- Leverage your quantitative skills in order to suggest best possible optimization opportunities in addition to reviewing complex structured transactions.
- Participate in the ongoing development of the team's processes and procedures required in order to support this developing business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects and contracts, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Proven technical and analytical skills, a control mentality with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong focus on control issues, processes and procedures.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced environment, able to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude for building relationships both inside and outside of the firm and ability to communicate effectively to a wide array of people with varying product knowledge.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top