Operations - Securities Division Operations - Commodities Operations - Analyst - New York
We are looking for a professional and dynamic individual, preferably with a background in Physical Commodities. The ideal candidate would be able to operate effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment, partner with the Business and other core Support areas in order to facilitate business growth with a key focus on the risk and control around the trade capture, documentation, and settlement of structured physical transactions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Physical Commodities Ops team is responsible for the operational support of the physical commodities business in the Americas. The Physical Commodities Ops team is made up of a Physical Documentation team and a Physical Settlements team. Both teams work very closely with our sales and trading teams to facilitate and understand new and existing physical commodity products. In addition to working with sales and trading, the teams interact with other internal teams that include logistics, strategists, technology and legal.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Documentation: Daily responsibilities relating to onboarding of new structured physical business, desk support, trade checkouts, and contracts for various physical products. Providing support to traders, sales and marketers around existing transactions and new business
- Settlements: Daily monitoring of payments and receipts, invoicing clients and the daily reconciliation of customer account balances for physical transactions covering a wide range of commodity businesses and products. Responsible for the creation and review of structured excel models that facilitate business support and reconciliations of structured transactions.
- Daily interaction with Traders, Sales, Technology, Legal, Strategists and other Operational departments
- Preparation and review of escalation and control reports
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years of experience in an operations support role
- Technical & Analytical Focus with attention to detail
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Teamwork skills
- Demonstrate Risk & Control Focus
- Strong time management skills and ability to work well under pressure and with competing tasks
Preferred Qualifications•Advanced Excel Skills preferred
- Strong understanding of Commodities
- Communication & Presentation skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top