Operations - Securities Division Operations - Commodities Operations - Analyst - New York
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Members of the Energy Logistics Team actively contribute to the entire lifecycle of a physical commodity. We coordinate transportation of energy products and other commodities across the continent while serving the operational needs of our clients. Develop relationships with pipelines, storage terminals, and clients to ensure product is transported in a timely manner. Work in a fast-paced environment in collaboration with trading and sales. Contribute to a group that places a premium on cross-training, entrepreneurial spirit, and a "team-first" attitude.
Members of the Energy Logistics Team are highly visible participants in a dynamic marketplace. Our actions, attention to detail, and market savvy have a direct impact on one of the firm's fastest growing business units. The team is responsible for timely and accurate submission of data to the respective system/ market operators. In addition to our core physical scheduling role the team also manages the firm's physical assets and inventory. We coordinate projects to access new areas of the oil and refined products market and provide our expertise to ensure that the most cost effective and efficient deal structure is implemented.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop expertise and proficiency on Crude Oil and Refined Products infrastructure
- Provide traders and sales teams with timely and accurate market data
- Provide Logistics comments in a variety of areas including new trade ideas, system enhancements, and contract language
- Ensure counterparty positions reflect internal trading positions and remedy any discrepancies
- Become a proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills, and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Participate in ongoing refinement of team procedures and processes to support the developing business
- Liaise with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Technology, Tax, Insurance, Regulatory Reporting & relevant external bodies
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year experience
- Experience working in fast paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft applications
- The candidate must be available for occasional after hours and weekend work as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to be clear and concise
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast moving environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Team oriented approach - openness and good communication skills within the team and the ability to work across functions inside and outside of Operations
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to innovate, adapt, and develop new processes to serve our evolving business
- Focus on control issues, processes and procedures
- Proactive, self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Highly motivated and ability to coach others in technical areas and problem solving
- Any prior experience of Middle Office, Settlements, Documentation, or Commodities more broadly a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top