Operations – Securities Division Operations – Client Operations – Master Confirmation Agreement (MCA) – VP – New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Our team is seeking a professional who has proven experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and leading initiatives in Master Confirmation Agreement (MCA) negotiations/Equity Derivative documentation. The candidate will partner with teams across Operations, Legal and Technology to build scale and increase revenue opportunities through a range of technical daily responsibilities and strategic projects.
The Channel Management team sits within the Derivatives Trade Management organization in Securities Division Operations. We partner with teams across the Operations and Securities divisions to facilitate new business and ensure that our clients are utilizing the most optimal Operations and Trade Execution channels available, for the particular markets they are trading in. The team is responsible for providing outstanding service by engaging with clients, understanding their trading activity/strategy and influencing them to utilize available market utilities/platforms. We then handle all aspects of the relevant document negotiations (Master Confirmations, Electronic Access Agreements), system configurations (Industry and Proprietary) and ongoing analysis to ensure that those channels are being effectively utilized.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Engage with clients and their counsel, in the negotiation of Master Confirmation Agreements for all Equity Derivative products (spanning proprietary and ISDA-published agreements)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to drive the channel onboarding process end-to-end (Initiate, Negotiate, Execute, Configure)
- Create scale, reduce operational risk and enable new business by transitioning existing clients to optimized workflows
- Challenge existing controls/processes and leverage your experience to identify risks and improve the effectiveness of the team
- Develop and nurture relationships across the firm to build consensus and execute on initiatives
- Lead strategic projects to enhance our product offering, address regulatory requirements and further mitigate risk
- Be open venture out of your comfort zone, take on new challenges and grow your career
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of five years of experience in an Operations or Legal/Derivative Documentation role with focus in Equities
- Previous experience negotiating/developing Equity MCAs or confirmations
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for their work, can help collaborate and provide directive when issues arise in the team and is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly around documentation terms
- Outstanding communication skills with ability to provide appropriate levels of detail to both technical experts as well as senior management
- Strong commercial acumen with a keen interest in derivative markets and products
- Proven track record in building strong relationships across revenue and control divisions
- Ability to interact with and influence business stakeholders and clients in order to negotiate, build consensus, control risks and improve operational efficiency
- Understanding of ISDA Documentation structure
- Understanding of regulatory environment and the impact on documentation issues
- Strong knowledge of OTC derivative products
- People or large-scale project management experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top