Operations - Securities Division Operations - Asset Servicing - Vice President - Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. The Asset Servicing role requires a professional with deep Operational expertise and proven experience in managing and developing complex and high-risk functions.
A successful candidate will take on the management of a group of regional teams, collaborating with other managers and groups across the globe. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a day-to-day basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various businesses and operational units across the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We are searching for an experienced Operations professional to join the Securities Trade Management unit in one of several global locations as an Asset Servicing Manager. Responsibilities include:
Communications – Identify key objectives for the organization and offer strategic vision and innovative ideas
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (analyst to managing director)
- Understand complex situations and communicate with senior leadership 'in the moment,' offering opinions and solutions
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside of Operations
- Share credit with others and create opportunities for others to build relationships with and present to key stakeholders
Functional & Technical Expertise -- Leverage deep technical operational expertise to drive strategic change across the front to back of the function and across the global organization
- Possess robust financial industry knowledge and experience and takes initiative to broaden skill sets
- Exhibit strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and provide day-to-day issue resolution
- Deliver consistently in spite of multiple demands through effective time management, prioritization and delegation
Innovation – Partner in the definition, review, and execution of Global Asset Servicing Strategy
- Enhance the control environment through business intelligence-related initiatives to increase scalability, adapt to regulatory changes and deliver creative solutions to clients
- Proven track record as an agent of delivery and change, challenging existing processes to evolve businesses and industry to align with Operation's Strategic objectives
- Create a culture of innovation whereby teams proactively investigate how they may be able to leverage new or alternative technologies and working practices
Client Focus – Identify client needs and optimize operational efficiency by offering innovative and tangible solutions
- Effectively handle difficult requests and build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
- Balance priorities of ensuring optimal outcomes for clients and simultaneously pursuing the firm's interests
- Act as a senior point of contact in supporting the business and assessing new opportunities
- Coach others actively on the importance of client focus and how to apply it in in day to day roles
Risk Management – Partner with global management team to provide effective oversight of key Asset Servicing Functions
- Challenge existing risk and control framework and the status quo to further reinforce the control environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and develop control enhancements
- Understand and articulates firm wide risk impact of business decisions
- Provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure the proper remediation of risk arising from new products, business, migrations, etc.
Management, Leadership & Culture
- Inspire followership and connect with all levels of the organization to cultivate a high-performance environment centred on our people
- Build a resilient and motivated team by promoting diverse perspectives, creating mobility and stretch opportunities, providing transparent feedback and career coaching
- Proven experience with developing and managing a team; brings strong project management skills
- Sees the big picture and keeps current with emerging business, economic and market trends.
- Works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Strong team player who collaborates readily with others within and across teams
- Encourages other team members to participate and contribute, and acknowledges others' contributions
- Forward-thinker who anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, and identifies clear objectives
- Improves current processes and develops creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influences outcomes by taking a position on issues and presenting sound, persuasive rationale for ideas
- 8-10 years of relevant experience preferred with proven ability to manage global + regional teams
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top