Operations - Securities Division Operations - Asset Servicing - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
A successful candidate would focus on the day-to-day processing of Asset Servicing events, collaborating with other groups across the globe, and with the opportunity to work cross-function. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a day-to-day basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various businesses and operational units across the firm.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market expertise and to begin developing management skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides substantial exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career progression. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance management effectiveness and equip individuals to progress in their careers.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. The Asset Servicing role requires a professional with deep Operational expertise and proven experience in managing and developing complex and high-risk functions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are searching for an experienced Operations professional to join the Securities Trade Management unit in one of several global locations as an Asset Servicing Associate. Responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate great interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (analyst to managing director)
- Influence others and express alternative views and rationale for a course of action
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
Functional & Technical Expertise
- Leverage deep technical expertise to resolve challenging issues
- Possess robust industry and market trend knowledge and experience, and take initiative to broaden skill set
- Exhibit strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and become the go-to expert within stakeholder community
- Deliver day-to-day issue resolution through effective time management, prioritization and multi-tasking
- Contribute to the definition, review, and execution of Global Asset Servicing Strategy
- Enhance the control environment through business intelligence-related initiatives to increase scalability, adapt to regulatory changes, and deliver creative solutions to clients
- Identify and deliver functional enhancements in processes and/or core tools and technologies that will improve divisional leverage
- Demonstrate ability to identify and leverage solutions used by other teams, and foster a culture of innovation in which the more junior population is encouraged to seek creative solutions
- Deliver consistent client service through partnerships with other teams and divisions
- Effectively handle challenging requests, and build trusting, long-term relationships with clients
- Appreciate key client strategies and proactively manage and articulate the impact on the team and function using BI/analytics and empirical data
- Partner with regional team to provide support of the oversight of key Asset Servicing Functions
- Challenge existing risk and control framework and the status quo to further reinforce the control environment
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and develop control enhancements
- Contribute to and drive technical and operating environment risk review
- Provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure the proper remediation of risk arising from new products, business, migrations, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Sees the big picture and keeps current with emerging business, economic and market trends.
- Works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Strong team player who collaborates readily with others within and across teams
- Encourages other team members to participate and contribute, and acknowledges others' contributions
- Forward-thinker who anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, and identifies clear objectives
- Improves current processes and develops creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influences outcomes by taking a position on issues and presenting sound, persuasive rationale for ideas
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top