Operations - Securities Division Operations - Asset Servicing - Associate - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
A successful candidate would focus on day-to-day processing within a regional team, collaborating with other groups across the globe, with the opportunity to work cross-function. There is a wealth of knowledge to be gained from the diversity of the markets, events and products covered by Asset Servicing on a daily basis, along with a unique opportunity to interact heavily with various businesses and operational units across the firm.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Asset Servicing is a Securities Trade Management business unit responsible for the management of Voluntary Income and Corporate Actions events across the globe for both equity and fixed income products. Areas of focus include event creation, reconciliation, instruction, entitlement distribution, and dedicated client service. Asset Servicing has a proven track record of developing its team members in a wide variety of functions and skill sets.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to broaden product and market knowledge and to develop processing skills across a broad range of topics. This role also provides exposure to senior stakeholders, offering excellent opportunities for career development. The firm provides a range of development tools including Goldman Sachs University courses and a formal Feedback 360+ review process to enhance depth of knowledge and to equip individuals to progress in their careers.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare to develop comprehensive product and market excellence in global Asset Servicing across Equity and Fixed Income products with the shared goal of providing client experience excellence.
- Partner with a team of product experts and senior stakeholders while gaining strong Asset Servicing knowledge and financial risk awareness.
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring timely payment and reconciliation of Asset Servicing events across all supported asset classes.
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify and remediate control weaknesses with respect to operational processing.
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our Asset Servicing processing capabilities.
- Leverage the annual 360 review process to identify areas for ongoing career development and fulfillment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Exhibit ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver accurate and timely work in a time pressured environment
- Strong attention to detail and develop awareness of reputational risk and accountability
- Team oriented person with interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Asset Servicing experience
- Tax experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top