Operations - Securities Division Operations - Asset Servicing - Analyst - Dallas
Are you looking to work in a fast paced environment where your role has a direct impact on the global markets while working on continuous improvement initiatives? The Bank Loans Corporate Actions team is seeking a motivated professional who is looking to work closely with CRMA, IBD, Legal and Sales and Trading to execute updates to credit agreements where GS is acting in a lending capacity.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. The Operations division partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Operations span all product lines and markets, and functions.
The Bank Loans Corporate Actions supports the corporate action lifecycle events on bank loans where GS is acting as a lender. The team supports various internal stakeholders across the firm including CRMA, IBD, Legal and Sales and Trading desks transacting in Bank Loans and handles sensitive MNPI for these stakeholders. They are responsible for sourcing corporate action event information, disseminating to the impacted stakeholders and submitting the desks decision to the Agent/Company. The Bank Loans Corporate Actions team is a fast paced, client centric environment where team members have to continually adapt to changes in the business, markets and regulatory environment. In addition, members of the team are expected to drive workflow changes and contribute to the global strategy. We seek team orientated candidates who can demonstrate excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage competing tasks and prioritize risk accordingly. Team members are expected to be able to consistently deliver on day to day execution as well as contribute to the strategic industrialization initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrate accurate and timely comprehension and management of voluntary and mandatory Asset Servicing events: Restructurings, Repricing's of Bank Loans, Bankruptcies, etc.
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders in Operations, CRMA, IBD, Sales and Trading and other divisions as needed
- Proactively address concerns raised by traders, sales or clients by conducting root cause analysis
- Mitigate MNPI risk through maintaining accuracy in communications with the respective compliance teams and desks
- Proactively work with global Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies
- Participate in new business memos to help the business further expand their Bank Loans portfolio
- Daily interaction with senior management
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast and challenging environment where priorities can change daily
- Team oriented - works closely with teammates on daily workflow and sharing knowledge and key information with the team
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, ability to gather stakeholder support for initiatives across the teams and see them through execution
- Ability to re-engineer processes to reduce manual touchpoints and mitigate risk
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills
- Able to take ownership of issues, handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- High attention to detail and a high standard for accuracy and responsiveness
- Change Management - the ability to identify where process improvements can be made to increase efficiency and control
- Effective problem solver and skilled at gathering and analyzing data to guide decision making
- Some level understanding of Asset Servicing
- Understanding of Bank Loans an advantage
- Microsoft Office application proficiency (advanced Excel skills a plus)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top