Operations, SecDiv Ops Local Markets - SecDiv Ops Local Markets, Analyst - Taipei
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Taiwan Operations is seeking a junior analyst to support its Taiwan securities businesses. The role will expose to communicating with local custodian banks, domestic corporate clients and offshore supporting business groups to handle the related processes. The products include Taiwan listed stock and ETF creation/ redemptions. Functions include but are not limited to account opening, settlements and regulatory reporting. The analyst will ensure the completeness and quality of daily tasks, adhere to risk controls, and address or escalate issues in a timely manner. He / She will also be an integral part of a dynamic team with its primary goal of providing efficient trade processing, control and continuous process improvement.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC Taipei Operations delivers efficient transaction management, product support, regulatory reporting, client account opening and data management as well as projects designed to expand our range of products and our access to markets. Taiwan Operations leverages local systems and tools to manage obligations and interactions with local exchanges, clearing agents, regulators and other counterparties. We also make use of the firm's systems and ledgers in order to apply risk monitoring and firm-wide reporting.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Perform daily account opening, maintenance and closure based on the authorized request.
• Verify the completeness of account document to fulfill internal/ regulatory requirements.
• Ensure timely report to Taiwan Exchange and Taiwan Central Depository Corp on account/ settlement activities.
• Arrange proper documentation of the client instruction and ac package.
• Identify gaps in current processes and provide recommendations for better risk control and efficiency
• Establish relationships with brokers and custodians to streamline workflow wherever possible
• Ensure the relevant procedures are up to date
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree required
• Qualified Brokerage License for TW market
• Demonstrated team working skills as well as excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail and good follow up skills; ability to demonstrate initiative and ownership of issue resolution
• Self-motivated, driven to achieve and able to manage pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
• Fluent in both spoken and written Chinese and English
• Experience in Taiwan equities securities business
• Understanding of local regulatory and market practice
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top