Operations - Regulatory Operations - Reporting & Monitoring - Analyst - Irving
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of derivative products? The Exception Management team monitors daily regulatory reporting performance for the firm’s global derivative trading activities and investigates internal and external exceptions with the aim to provide transparency into reporting timeliness, accuracy, and completeness. Our team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with stakeholders across various organizations in an effort to improve the Firm’s compliance rates across jurisdictions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
As a member of the team, you will be primarily responsible for performing reconciliations and managing our exception management process across reporting jurisdictions.
The role involves building strong internal relationships with key contacts within the technology, compliance, legal and other operations teams. The ability to manage multiple deliverables, prioritize, meeting deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization is critical to this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This is a highly interactive role and as such requires the capability to work effectively with a diverse range of professionals internally, covering a wide variety of products and functions
- Identify and implement effeciencies into daily functions
- Interface with management on key risks impacting the Firm’s derivatives reporting
- Identify key areas of risk in the reporting process and influence the development of controls
- Produce and/or validate for accuracy daily, weekly and/or monthly regulatory reports
- Timely investigation and resolution of exceptions and DTCC responses
- Analyze, suggest and execute process improvements
- Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications• Attention to Detail
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Manage multiple deliverables and prioritize accordingly to meet completing deadlines
- Sounds understanding of Risk – (Operational & Reputational)
- Basic understanding of regulatory landscape
- Knowledge and or experience of Derivatives (Equity or Credit) is a plus
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top