Operations - Regulatory Operations - Reg Reporting and Monitoring - Associate - Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding in the fast-growing sector of Regulatory Reform. With the continued high rate of change in the Regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have a mandate and platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Operations is a team of critical thinkers that partners with groups in all areas of the firm to perform financial analytics and reporting and data analytics and engineering. Our division also provides critical operations design and handles capital markets operations to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management.
Regulatory Operations has responsibility for position and trade reporting to key American, European and Asian exchanges and regulators. The Regulatory Operations Dallas team's mission is to support Regulatory Operations in the production of various transaction and position reports within the Americas. The team plays an integral role in ensuring that the Firm meets its regulatory reporting obligations primarily in Americas. The Team consists of talented and highly motivated individuals who are extensively involved in the preparation of the mandated reports, as well as the implementation of effective control processes, efficiency initiatives, BCP, and other Department initiatives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an Operations professional to work in the Reporting and Monitoring team within Regulatory Operations to support trade, transaction and position reporting functions across America's jurisdictions. Responsibilities include:
- Develop expert knowledge in Regulatory requirements, processes and systems for a number of transactions and position based Regulatory reports.
- Provide oversight of the impact assessments done on these reports for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed regulations
- Investigate, remediate and provide supervisory guidance on issues with these reports and develop control improvements Improve current processes, procedures and reports including automation of manual processes
- Contribute to strategic initiatives relating to these reports, for example strategic Technology developments
- Define and provide supervisory oversight for comprehensive project documentation in support of strategic initiatives and change management including: business/functional requirement documents, process flow diagrams and comprehensive data analysis
- Produce test scripts and co-ordinate / participate in testing activities with Operations and Technology.
- Work with Legal, Compliance, Technology, other Operations groups and various Business units to manage change programs and issue resolution for these reports
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its reporting obligations
- Be flexible to contribute to other activities within the group where necessary, e.g. daily report production
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 4 years work experience in the Financial Industry
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex work-flows
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and contribute to department and division wide initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top