Operations, Regulatory Operations - Position Regulatory Reporting, Analyst/Associate, Singapore
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms in the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values, which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Operations is a multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
The Regulatory Operations Reporting & Monitoring team responsibilities include re-engineering, implementing control/risk management improvements, as well as partnering with the Business, Project Management and IT to ensure that order, trade, transaction and position reporting to various exchanges and industry related self regulatory organizations is complete and accurate. This role requires an energetic individual that can liaise with various groups supporting our regional businesses to analyze our regulatory reporting and monitoring control infrastructure and the rules and operational/technical processes strategically. This is accomplished by working with the various business partners on project and production responsibilities to improve and maintain the quality of the firms regulatory reporting.
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding of a growing sector of the financial markets at the heart of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have the platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interpret and implement new rules and rule changes
- Validate for accuracy daily, weekly or monthly regulatory reports
- Timely investigation and resolution of exceptions generated during the reporting process/ cycle;
- Maintain relationships with Regulators, Self regulated bodies and Vendors
- Engage in the testing and implementation of rule changes that impact reporting processes;
- Document functional requirements for technology to describe the required changes to reporting processes as a result of rule changes or other change management initiatives;
- Recommend infrastructure and reporting improvements;
- Develop global partnerships across Operations, broader Federation and the business area in order to help implement initiatives;
- Proactively assist the business, operations, compliance, and IT management in understanding the impact of business initiative;
- Analyze regulatory inquiries;
- Manage maintenance of procedures and other documents relating to the team;
- Maintain a strong focus on streamlining inefficient processes, drive forward solutions to remediate production issues in order to improve control, accuracy and timeliness;
- Actively participate in industry forums and working groups and partner with Federation group to drive industry discussions
- Lead regional initiative projects to strategic platforms
- Exposure in financial products/functions as well as data analysis, information technology, business operating processes, and compliance.
- Proficiency in Japanese language; both written & spoken
- Experience in middle office support, books & records controls, financial reporting, project management, risk management, or operations work including regulatory reporting
- Experience of process improvements and system upgrades/testing cycles
- Strong technical skills, along with general understanding of system development
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills together with the ability to influence others and make decisions
- Strong ability to partner with managers to understand complex regulatory reporting requirements
- Preparing scope and user requirements documents
- Preparing test scripts
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top