Operations - Regulatory & Control Ops - Tax Processing Ops - Vice President - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Are you looking to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a constantly changing environment? Our Tax Operations team is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven professional to work with a diverse team across the globe in supporting new regulatory documentation requirements.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's compliance with tax reporting authorities across the globe. The team has responsibility analyzing new or additional regulations on fail payments, cost-basis reporting, and partnership reporting; reviewing product areas that are the focus of tax authorities; designing process set-ups to handle regulatory changes; reviewing system changes that may impact tax processes; and tax process change and improvements. The group also provides operational tax support for new business opportunities and emerging jurisdictions explored by different businesses of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Develop expert knowledge in taxation requirements, processes and systems for a number of transactional based tax procedures
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of multiple business lines across the firm. The role offers broad exposure to many divisions and groups within the firm, including Corporate Tax, Legal, Finance, Technology, Securities Trading and Operations
- Partner with a team of business analysts to review the operational and tax aspects of new regulatory rules and new business initiatives
- Showcase your attention to detail by ensuring a holistic review of business requirements and impact assessments on tax processes for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed tax regulations
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weakness, mitigate risk, and improve current processes, procedures and reports including automation of manual processes
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its tax reporting obligations
- Leverage your quantitative skills to translate complex rule change to workable business and functional requirements
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex tax regulations, drive change management initiatives, and partner with our stakeholders to progress the department's target operating model
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and at least 7 years' work experience
- Minimum of five years post graduate experience with exposure to tax and/or project management
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence senior business stakeholders and make decisions
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and self-starting individual with solid teamwork skills
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
- Prior Tax Operations related work experience
- Strong data analysis skills; MS Access or basic SQL skills a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top