Operations - Regulatory & Control Ops - Tax Operations - Tax Processing Ops - Associate - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Are you looking to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a constantly changing environment? Our Tax Operations team is seeking an experienced, energetic and driven professional to work with a diverse team across the globe in supporting new regulatory documentation requirements.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's compliance with reporting authorities around the globe and managing related inquiries from a variety of the firm's businesses across established and emerging markets. Day-to-day production functions include accurate and timely account documentation and monitoring, withholding, client information reporting, and regulatory filings. The team also provides critical subject matter expertise and functionally-aligned support during the design, testing and implementation of related systems and processes. The team capitalizes on opportunities to optimize procedures and build scalability through data analytics and efficient use of technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Interact with internal & external clients on regulatory tax reporting inquiries
- Ensure data accuracy of regulatory tax fillings
- Develop expert-level knowledge of relevant tax systems, procedures and requirements
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its tax reporting obligations
- Work with teams across regions to drive issue resolution
- Generate new ideas to create efficiencies and reduce risk
- Be flexible and contribute to other activities as requested
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree and at least 4 years relevant work experience in Operations, Accounting, Finance or related field
- Proven ability to prioritize workload to drive results and solve problems
- Thrives in a team environment, possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Remains composed under pressure, prioritizes and makes decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail; flexible, proactive, self-starter
- Strong data analysis skills and experience with Microsoft Excel / basic SQL
- Prior tax operations related work experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top