Operations - Regulatory & Control Ops - Tax Operations - Tax Processing Ops - Associate - Bengaluru
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization and work as part of a global team to drive strategy in a constantly changing environment? We are looking for an Associate with Tax or Operations experience to join the Tax Operations Department in Bengaluru. This position is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing organization and work as part of a global team to drive strategy in a constantly changing environment.
Consequently, this role requires an energetic, enthusiastic and driven individual. The role offers broad exposure to many divisions and groups within the firm.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's compliance with tax reporting authorities across the globe. The team has responsibility analyzing new or additional regulations on fail payments, cost-basis reporting, and partnership reporting ; reviewing product areas that are the focus of tax authorities; designing process set-ups to handle regulatory changes; reviewing system changes that may impact tax processes; and tax process change and improvements. The group also provides operational tax support for new business opportunities and emerging jurisdictions explored by different businesses of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Become a subject matter expert with front-to-back understanding of the tax jurisdiction and associated events
- Identify and mitigate risk within the function, drive efficiencies
- Maintain a clean inventory for self and the team, perform effective EOD checks
- Requires client-side interactions with a 24 hour turn-around time for client requests
- Due diligence for regulatory requirements (FATCA guidelines and compliance)
- Encourage holistic risk mind-set and proactive escalation within the team
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 - 6 years of experience
- Effective Risk management with ability to formulate risk frameworks and identify risk indicators.
- Ability to multitask and deliver on multiple deliverables effectively.
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution.
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence senior business stakeholders and make decisions.
- Driven to deliver excellent client service.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results.
- Strong execution skills - able to drive delivery of short term and long term organizational objectives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-starting individual with solid teamwork - ability to motivate & drive team towards common goals.
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top