Operations - Regulatory and Control Ops - Trade and Transaction Regulatory Reporting - Analyst - Bengaluru
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop their understanding in the fast-growing sector of regulatory reform. With the continued high rate of change in the regulatory reporting space, Regulatory Operations professionals have a mandate and platform to significantly impact their environment and the wider business.
Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Regulatory Operations has responsibility for position and trade reporting to key American, European and Asian exchanges and regulators. The Regulatory Operations Bangalore team's mission is to support Regulatory Operations in the production of various trade and position reports within the Americas, Europe and Asia. The team plays an integral role in ensuring that the Firm meets its regulatory reporting obligations globally. The Team consists of talented and highly motivated individuals who are extensively involved in the preparation of the mandated reports, as well as the implementation of effective control processes, efficiency initiatives, BCP, and other Department initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for an Operations professional to work in the Regulatory Reporting team within Regulatory & Control Operations.
- Develop expert knowledge in Regulatory requirements, processes and systems across global jurisdictions
- Perform reconciliation and exception management as per the various Regulatory requirements
- Investigate and remediate issues with these reports and develop control improvements
- Contribute to strategic initiatives relating to these reports, for example strategic Technology developments
- Improve current processes, procedures and reports including automation of manual processes
- Define and produce comprehensive project documentation in support of strategic initiatives and change management including: business/functional requirement documents, process flow diagrams and comprehensive data analysis
- Produce test scripts and co-ordinate / participate in testing activities with Operations and Technology
- Work with Legal, Compliance, Technology, other Operations groups and various Business units to manage change programs and issue resolution for these reports
- Act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its reporting obligations
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the Financial Industry
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- Working knowledge of financial products, e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Exchange Traded & OTC Derivatives
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and translate strategy to execution
- Strong data analysis skills with a working knowledge of databases
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Previous exposure to regulatory reporting a plus
- Knowledgeable about securities processing, corporate actions, and asset servicing a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top