Operations - Regulatory and Control Operations - RCO Change Management - OSL - Jersey City
- Jersey City, NJ
The Operations division partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation.
Our change team is seeking a senior change professional to lead the Reg & Control Strategy & Change (RCSC) team in the Americas, overseeing people in Jersey City, Dallas and Salt Lake City. The Americas lead will work with a broad set of stakeholders, including the leaders of the Regulatory Control Operations BU, Engineering, Compliance and Legal, to deliver the Americas regulatory reporting agenda in 2020 and beyond. You will play an instrumental role in defining the strategy and delivering programs, both for new obligations, such as CAT, and remediation programs with regulatory commitments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Understand the regulatory programme timeline; structure, prioritise and manage the Americas project team to support its delivery
- Work with Compliance & Legal to understand and interpret new regulatory reporting obligations plus other regulatory commitments we may have
- Understand businesses, products, processes and architecture and determine the impact the obligations have on our business
- Assist in shaping design and developing solutions
- Define, plan and execute projects, working with project stakeholders and using our Maestro framework
- Have a thorough understanding of testing phases and drive the increase of automated testing in the regulatory reporting environment
- Have a thorough understanding of control standards, design and build, and ensure implemented across your projects
- Define and manage issues, assumptions, risks and decisions
- Have exemplary relationship, communications and influencing skills to drive delivery with stakeholders in multiple teams and regions
- Provide management, coaching, career development and support to the team.
- 10+ years' experience in global Operations and / or Technology teams
- Experience working for a financial institution or consulting firm as a project / programme manager
- Track record of scoping and delivering projects and achieving results independently, on time and to budget including: analytical skills, project scope definition; project issues, risks definition; status reporting; test automation and execution
- Leadership - comfortable leading project working and steering groups
- Industry knowledge - deep knowledge of FS products and processes
- Drive, motivation, resilience - handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his / her own performance, works intensely towards goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and business relationships - handles difficult requests well, builds long-term relationships, helps the client to define needs and manages client / business expectations
- Teamwork - strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication - communicates in a clear and concise manner; shares information / new ideas with others
- Judgement and problem solving - thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture
- Influence - presents sound rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues, influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
- Creativity / innovation - looks for ways to improve processes and develop creative solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Understands and adheres to Goldman Sachs compliance standards.
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve your skills.
Our in-house training programme, "Goldman Sachs University" offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training. In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development. We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top