Operations - PWM Client On-Boarding Team Associate - Zurich
Are you looking to leverage both your excellent account opening experience and your proven people management skills in a role that gives you the opportunity to demonstrate leadership while working closely with the PWM Business, Legal, Compliance, Technology and other PWM Operations teams globally? Do you want to be in a role where you feel you can make a real difference to the performance of a department and directly demonstrate your success on a both regional and global platform ?
If the answer to both these questions is "yes" and you want to be in a role that is both challenging and rewarding, where you can truly have a direct impact on improving processes, mitigating risk, enhancing client experience, embracing new technology and developing your team - then joining PWM Operations in Zurich to oversee and run the Client On-Boarding Team could be the role for you. Not only will you be involved in all facets of Client On-Boarding , Client Data Change Management and KYC Rolling Review but you will continue to gain invaluable new experiences as you work extremely closely with Legal, Compliance, Technology, Finance & Global Operations in a fast paced and challenging role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
PWM Operations in Zurich directly supports all the PWM clients of GSB Bank AG (Switzerland) working closely with the local PWM Business teams based in Zurich and Geneva as well as other PWM teams globally. As part of PWM Operations in Zurich, not only will you gain the opportunity to be key member in a high performing team based in Switzerland, but also play a key role in contributing to PWM Operations globally and influencing how the global department evolves.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You are a Risk Manager. The expectation is that you will continually look to leverage your excellent risk & control mind-set and experiences. You will want to pro-actively review operational processes to mitigate risk and identify opportunities to further strengthen the control environment
- Showcase your excellent attention to detail combined with your past Account Opening experience, by reviewing, analyzing and advising on complex account structures to ensure they are set up completely and accurately by the team
- Use your excellent communication skills to build strong productive relationships within Sales Management, Legal, Compliance, Technology and the Operations Division globally. Ensuring that you develop strong working relationships with Sales is essential to your success in this role
- It's not just about Switzerland. You are part of a global team and as such you are expected to contribute to, and be involved with, regional & global projects / initiatives across PWM CIMD Operations and the Operations Division as a whole
- Learn More. It is expected that you will look to expand your horizons and over time cross-train on the other functions performed by PWM CIMD Operations in Zurich
- Your valuable experience counts. As a high performing individual, you will be expected to share subject matter expert knowledge with others and contribute in Operations forums to educate and evaluate account opening best practices
- Provide excellent client service to sales, ensuring timely resolution to client inquiries and ensure satisfactory turnaround time of account opening requests
- Be Innovative. We want to hear your ideas and see a positive contribution to moving forward and enhancing the current suite of processes performed by both Zurich CIMD Operations and PWM globally
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in financial services, preferably within an Account Opening, Client Data Change Management or Client Identification / Rolling Review position
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal partners at differing levels of product or process experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Excellent English language written and verbal skills essential (and German, Spanish, French skills a distinct advantage)
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
• Experience of relevant local laws /regulations pertaining to Swiss account openings an advantage
• Background in Law or a Regulatory environment would be useful
• Proven change agent / ability to improve processes
• Experience in testing of new software
• Experience in KYC CIP / Rolling Review Processes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top