Operations - Private Wealth Management (PWM) - Trade & Transaction Management - Control and Risk Management - Analyst - SLC
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your analytical and problem solving skills while deepening your understanding of the Private Wealth Management (PWM) business? Our Control and Risk Management team is seeking a professional to coordinate with internal PWM representatives and teams within the Operations division to address exceptions related to internal policies and regulations, address funding and liquidity issues for asset transfers, and participate in the change management process for system enhancements.
The Control and Risk Management team works with PWM representatives to monitor and approve asset transfers. The team manually reviews high risk PWM asset transfer requests by performing funding calculations and gathering exception approvals. The team also monitors exceptions to ensure compliance with regulations and internal policies, and performs testing of system enhancements to ensure the Firm has appropriate infrastructure to meet client needs, internal control standards, and external regulatory requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
• Manage multiple intra-day cutoffs to ensure asset transfer requests are approved prior to applicable market deadlines
• Showcase your attention to detail by conducting funding and risk analysis for high risk asset transfers and performing regulatory and risk related exception processing
• Monitor exceptions to identify trading activity requiring regulatory extensions and demonstrate a sense of urgency while working with internal teams to file by deadlines
• Use your inquisitive mindset to identify control weaknesses and inefficiencies, and participate in change management process for system enhancements
•Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to implement automated processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
B ASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree required
• Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
• Aptitude for building relationships and an ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
• Ability to maintain strong control focus and attention to detail while managing high volume
• Ability to innovate, improve processes, enhance controls and reduce risk
• Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
• Able to work effectively in a team environment and able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
• General understanding of the financial industry
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Series 7 or 63 and knowledge of margin business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top