Operations - Private Wealth Management (PWM) Operations - Trade Management & Settlement - Execution Services - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Have you ever envisioned breaking financial news on the TV impacting your job in real-time? Do you have an interest in how trading systems work and how securities are bought, sold, and settled in the market? The Execution Services team is seeking a professional who enjoys problem solving, thrives in a fast paced environment, and has a keen interest in financial markets.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Execution Services supports trade execution, booking, and settlement across a wide variety of asset classes within Private Wealth Management (PWM). Beyond trade support responsibilities, Execution Services provides subject matter expertise and testing support for ongoing system enhancements and regulatory initiatives.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Partner with Technology and Business stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve complex trading issues
- Provide hotline trading system support to PWM Sales Teams
- Support trade booking and settlement workflows across multiple products and business lines
- Perform trade reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting to mitigate risk and increase issue transparency
- Provide subject matter expertise and testing support for ongoing system enhancements and regulatory initiatives
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of work experience in the financial industry
- General understanding of financial markets and securities
- Aptitude for solving problems through critical thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment, improve processes, and the ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with trade execution, booking, or settlement for a financial institution
- Excel VBA proficiency
- Series 7, CFA, or other financial license
- Experience with wealth management brokerage functions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top