Operations - Private Wealth Management (PWM) Operations - Portfolio Accounting - Analyst - SLC
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to apply your strong analytical and problem solving skills and strengthen relationships with senior business leaders in an impactful way? The Portfolio Accounting team is looking for a professional who can collaborate with technology, business partners, vendors, and other operations teams to perform critical control and reporting functions in a rapidly changing regulatory environment while delivering an excellent client experience.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Portfolio Accounting (PA) team supports the PWM global business by maintaining cost basis and portfolio accounting information, such as realized gain/loss and bond accretion/amortization, to be used on client statements, Client Web, and tax reports. The PA team is also responsible for ensuring data integrity through system reconciliations and exception management. The team works closely with technology to strategically enhance system functionality to support changing business and regulatory needs.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Partner with technology to perform issue root cause analysis, write system enhancement requests, perform UAT testing, and production roll out
- Develop analytical and problem solving skills to resolve system breaks and exceptions, and resolve client inquiries
- Showcase strong control and risk management strategies to ensure compliance with US Cost Basis reporting requirements
- Develop strategies and opportunities for process efficiencies to reduce manual tasks while increasing control in a rapidly growing business
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven client service skills, teamwork and a sense of urgency to fulfill time sensitive and highly confidential tasks
- Ability to develop and nurture relationships with senior business leaders within cross divisional a team
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability for projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top