MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Client Implementation & Business Engagement (CIBE) sits within Private Wealth Management (PWM) Operations and manages client onboarding and client data maintenance requests for PWM teams. CIBE also serves as a key resource for managing bespoke, critical, and highly sensitive client requests that don't fall neatly within an existing Operations function.
CIBE strives to create a best in class client experience by proactively engaging with PWM business stakeholders to help them navigate the Operations organization, proactively identify and manage complex operational requests, and enhance PWM Operations' follow the sun coverage model. To accomplish the team's mandate, CIBE is functionally trained to process client onboarding requests in addition to demonstrating an overarching understanding of the broader Operations organization. This dualistic approach positions the team to deliver for clients throughout the entire account lifecycle.
The client onboarding aspect of CIBE's role primarily focuses on account documentation, data integrity, risk management, and fulfilling regulatory requirements based on account attributes and client investment goals. The team is responsible for capturing information needed to meet regulatory and firm policies by performing due diligence on all new accounts.
CIBE works closely with the PWM Business, PWM Compliance, PWM Legal, and other Operations groups to provide a streamlined client experience throughout the onboarding process. CIBE partners with the PWM Business to respond to questions, identify creative solutions to bespoke requests, and provide expertise on operational processes and capabilities. Team members also regularly meet with PWM business stakeholders to proactively address complex client scenarios, disseminate operational updates, and influence the organization's broader client service strategy.
CIBE is seeking a professional who enjoys collaborating across teams, functions, and regions to provide superior client service and operational expertise. Candidates must demonstrate strict adherence to risk and control policies, a strong sense of teamwork, proactive and collaborative problem solving skills, relationship management skills, and strong communication and time management skills.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Organizational and account documentation review and processing
- Update and maintain personal client information in internal client data systems
- Provide ongoing updates to business stakeholders and Operations colleagues regarding next steps and outstanding deliverables
- Proactively identify complexities and bottlenecks in workflows and escalate and delegate appropriately to ensure timely resolution
- Manage ongoing relationships with business stakeholders to maintain connectivity and foster productive dialogue
- Provide exceptional client service and support PWM rep teams in accomplishing client objectives
- Recognize opportunities for and provide operational training to stakeholders
- Contribute to idea generation and strategic transformation initiatives impacting the broader organization
- BA/BS degree
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Self-starter, demonstrates a curiosity and drive for improving workflows
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Aptitude for building and maintaining client/stakeholder relationships
- Interest in understanding data and strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Client facing or client service experience preferred
- Experience developing or implementing an organizational strategy or initiative preferred
- Familiarity working in a team focused environment with high standards of professionalism
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and performing under pressure
- Background or interest in financial sector (preferably Private Wealth Management)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity