Operations - Ops Data Quality Mgmt - Reference Data Operations - Reg AI Team - Vice President - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Are you looking to think strategically and help in the redesign of processes and workflow to meet upcoming regulatory changes? The Regulatory Analysis & Implementation team is looking for a talented individual to analyse and determine impacts of new regulation to Operations Business Units, to develop then execute implementation plans to update systems, processes & controls to meet new regulatory requirements in a timely fashion while managing risk.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The Reg AI Team was formed to globally manage the significant body of changes impacting on-boarding and reference data processes and to oversee the uplift of processes, systems and client records to meet the new requirements. These changes are driven by a multitude of regulatory drivers (derivatives market reforms, tax reforms, capital requirements reforms etc.) contained in domestic regulations (EMIR, Global Margin Rules, MiFID II etc.) driven by the global response to the financial crisis.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engage with firm and industry dialogue to identify and analyse future regulatory impacts and ensure expectations of relevant stakeholders are managed and necessary long term preparations are made (e.g. budget considerations, strategic vendor relationships etc) to manage regulatory risk in ERD processes
- Influence GS, industry and vendor approach to meeting regulatory obligations to attain desirable outcomes for GS and ERD
- Oversee the definition and approval of measure of success and handover criteria for the specific regulatory project in to a "BAU" state/team
- Define and agree deliverables for implementation of changes to process, systems, reference data and controls to meet new regulatory obligations in a timely fashion in conjunction with change management group (BACM)
- Oversee creation and execution of plans & artefacts to deliver versus obligations and escalate risks and issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged and kept up to date on progress through structured reporting/communications and rapid escalation of key issues
- Oversee the formal approval of the handover from Reg AI to various line teams
- Face off to clients, Sales, as well as senior management within the Federation and Securities Division and industry forums and vendors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in project management and/or business analysis
- Bachelor degree
- Previous experience in Operations, Financial Services Industry and/or dealing with regulatory change
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral and the capacity to influence outcomes across varied stakeholders
- Capacity to think strategically
- Good organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Demonstrate excellent people management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders outside their direct control
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly – knowledge of processes related to Operations and/or the Financial Services industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top