Operations - Ops Data Quality Mgmt - Reference Data Operations - Legal Entity Management (LEM) team - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our Legal Entity Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with various internal teams, e.g. Legal; Controllers; Technology; Business desks; etc. to support various key regulatory data processes including the day to day data analysis and quality control of GS legal entities and the associated reference data for regulatory reporting to the Federal Reserve and other global regulators.
OUR IMPACT Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Legal Entity Management (LEM) team is looking for a candidate who is comfortable and willing to work in a fast paced environment with competing demands and capable of meeting strict deadlines. The team offers challenging assignments in a dynamic and global environment. The position requires excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving, communication, client service, data analysis and research.
Responsibilities include the review and maintenance of GS legal entity reference data for the Firm's affiliates and subsidiaries globally. The data is then leveraged within LEM to assess Bank Holding Company (BHC) Fed regulatory reporting requirements. A Juris Doctorate or legal background is preferred due to the high level of interaction with the Firm's legal departments and required understanding of legal agreements, e.g. Purchase/LLC Agreements, Dissolution docs, etc.
Additionally, the candidate may be required to provide support to other activities including, periodic legal entity certifications, provide subject-matter expertise to solve day-to-day business problems, identify and mitigate risks, inefficiencies and propose solutions, as well as define strategic projects and reference data controls through working with technology.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of legal and/or organizational structures
- Ongoing maintenance of legal entity data
- Manage the periodic updates and maintenance of entity regulatory data attributes including FATCA (GIINs), Volcker, and Legal Entity Identifiers (LEIs)
- Develop and learn more broadly the investment banking industry, understand and analyze industry regulation, understand financial products and financial markets
- Leverage your quantitative skills to perform business analysis and manage projects, identify and mitigate risks, identify inefficiencies and propose solutions, understand operational problems and be able to offer solutions.
- Critical thinking, ability to suggest improvements and identify risks
- Service orientation, sense of urgency, ability to manage internal clients' expectations and professionalism
- Team-work oriented, strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Financial sector experience desired
- Operational experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, access, etc.
- Legal or Para Legal educational background.
- Prior Compliance or Bank/Broker Dealer Reference Data Experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top