Operations - Operations Risk Management - Risk Management - Vice President - Bengaluru
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are looking for a professional who wants to use their skills and experience to help deliver on operations agenda while challenging themselves to further their career at Goldman Sachs.
Within Operations, Operations Risk Management is a key global team working closely with the Operations teams to provide transparency around key risks, assess appropriateness of risk mitigation strategies and set the appropriate divisional frameworks to manage risk.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Operations Risk Management (ORM) is focused on bringing transparency to the likelihood, severity and location of risks that impact internal Operations process to protect the firm and our clients. The team works to ensure more effective risk management, through building and implementing capabilities that monitor systems, people and processes. The team also assists in managing through remediation efforts when either internal or external events challenge the quality of Operations processes.
Divisional Risk Management [DRM] is a global team within Operations Risk Management based in NY, London, SLC, Bgl and HK. DRM provides a service that focusses on the risk data strategy and tooling as well as providing key frameworks and cross operations services around Risk & Controls Self-Assessment, Risk Reviews & Control Testing and Assurance, Vendor, Crisis Management and Divisional Regulatory Response.
Risk Solutions is a sub-group of DRM, is responsible for the technical design, build and innovation of core tools and infrastructure that enable the risk management objectives. The team works closely with ORM, Operations, Technology and other Federation teams to design and manage the capabilities that measure, asses and report Operations risk. Our users include the entire Operations division.
Other key responsibilities within DRM include coordinating key risk framework forums such as the Operations Risk Committee and RCSA Assessment meetings with senior Operations leadership, leading cross divisional risk projects within Operations and the Divisional Regulatory Response which is a team focusing on responding to requests from regulators and regulatory exams
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
• Curate, design and develop high quality data models to ensure that normalized and curated data is accessible and available
• Engage with data producers and consumers in order to design appropriate models to enable data correlation to drive improved analytics with risk framework and transactional data
• Evaluate, select and acquire new internal data sets that contribute to proactive risk management and actionable data-driven insights
• Deploy modern data management tools to curate key risk datasets, enable self-service reporting capabilities for canned and ad-hoc reporting
• Develop reports by gathering /analyzing complex data, deploy data probes to enable automated monitoring and alerting, ORM led investigations that can feed into risk reviews
• At least 8-10 years of professional experience in relevant field
• Experienced professional with strong data analytics, business intelligence and project management and skills
• Working knowledge of more than one programming language (E.g. R, VBA, Python, Java, C++, C#)
• Hands-on experience with data modelling and BI tools (Tableau, Alteryx, MS-BI Stack, Qlikview, Elastic Search, PURE modelling etc)
• Advanced expertise with Business Intelligence Database Infrastructure (SQL Server, MongoDB, DB2, Data Lake)
• Hands-on with advanced Microsoft Excel functionalities
• Exhibit ability to multi-task and prioritize to deliver accurate and timely work in a time pressured environment
• Ability to work with large datasets, data mining and modelling skills are mandatory
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• At least 4 years of data analytics and BI experience in business process and technology implementations (large-scale projects and/or program management is a plus)
• Experience in Operations financial services role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top