Operations - Operations Risk Management - Risk Management - Control Assurance Team - Associate - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
We are looking for an individual that exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to join the global Control Assurance team within the Operations division to conduct Control Assurance reviews of key Operations controls.
The Control Assurance team is a group within the Operations Risk Management (ORM) organization, comprised of individuals with varying backgrounds responsible for assessing the design and performance of the key controls, and works with senior stakeholders to implement corrective actions. The team leverages its experience in financial products, operational functions, operational risk management, markets and regulations to conduct reviews across the Operations Division. The Control Assurance team focuses on performing risk reviews on various processes and teams within Operations. The team performs many different types of reviews such as Process Deep Dive Reviews, Growth Office Reviews, Thematic Risk Reviews and Spot Check Reviews.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an international organization located in New York, Salt Lake City, Sao Paulo, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an experienced Operation's professional to work within the US ORM team. Responsibilities include the following:
- Assess the design and performance of Divisional key controls
- Conduct deep dive risk reviews to identify new risks in Operations' processes for which there are currently no mitigating controls in place
- Work with senior stakeholders to ensure risks, primarily those with the potential for broad applicability across the division, are effectively remediated
- Develop strategy for control assurance and testing framework
- Perform data analysis to identify patterns / trends and risk themes
- Partner with colleagues around the globe to share findings and refine processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and operational processes
- Excellent interview, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working on multiple tasks
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with various levels of stakeholders across Operations and externally in other Divisions
- Auditing, control testing, or regulatory/law experience
- 5+ years' experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, big 4 firm or regulator
- Experience implementing Control Assurance framework and methodologies
- Experience of using data analytics to facilitate control testing
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Operations experience
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of accounting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top