Operations - Operations Risk Management: Divisional Risk Management: Head - Governance & Cross Divisional Services - Vice President - New York
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
We are currently looking for a senior individual that exudes energy, curiosity, and enthusiasm to head up the Governance & X Divisional services within DRM based in NY. The Governance & X Divisional Services comprises of several key divisional strategies and services mentioned above such as Risk & Controls Self-Assessment, Risk Reviews & Control Assurance, Recovery & Resolution, Vendor & Crisis Management and Divisional Regulatory Response. Each of these services are headed up experienced vice presidents who are based globally and this role would assume functional oversight of all these services, be responsible for providing oversight as well as defining future strategy and direction of these services. This is a high impact role and would require strategic thinking as well as an ability to interact and influence key global stakeholders
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Within Operations, Operations Risk Management is a key global team working closely with the Operations teams to provide transparency around key risks, assess appropriateness of risk mitigation strategies and set the appropriate divisional frameworks to manage risk.
Divisional Risk Management [DRM] is a global team within Operations Risk Management based in NY, London, SLC, Bgl and HK. DRM provides a service that focusses on the risk data strategy and tooling as well as providing key frameworks and cross operations services around Risk & Controls Self-Assessment, Risk Reviews & Control Assurance, Vendor & Crisis Management and Divisional Regulatory Response.
This is a key global and high impact role based in NY. This role provides a motivated and experienced individual with an opportunity to demonstrate strategic thinking across several key risk strategies and shape up the risk management within Operations. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to work within an international organization located in New York, Salt Lake City, Sao Paulo, London, Warsaw, Bengaluru, Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an experienced Operation's professional to work within the US DRM team.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage a global team and oversee the various functional strategies and service lines mentioned above
- Lead & implement any key projects as required within the above service lines
- Challenge the status quo - challenge, test and enhance the Operations risk and control framework (e.g. risk reviews, risk assessments, incident reviews, spot checks) to further enhance the control environment
- Connect the dots across the Operations Division in the identification of emerging risks and issues - especially those with the potential for broad applicability across the division that can be effectively remediated through the use of a common set of controls and solutions
- Work closely with the respective product aligned Embedded Risk Managers in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices to achieve common risk management goals
- Identify potential compliance and reputational risks, and effectively escalate to appropriate individuals
- Closely partner with stakeholders outside Operations such as Compliance, Operational Risk Management & Analysis, Internal Audit etc to identify risks and effective coordination of risk mitigation strategies impacting Operations
- Work with senior stakeholders both internal to ORM as well as external to ensure effective implementation & roll out of DRM governance frameworks and services
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of financial products, markets, and operational processes
- Highly experienced in risk management in an Operations setting, preferably with focus on development and roll out of governance frameworks, setting of central standards, compliance with policies and standards etc
- Excellent interview, presentation and written communication skills
- Team and people management skills
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working on multiple tasks
- Leverage strong communication skills to interact with various levels of stakeholders across Operations and externally in other Divisions
- Auditing, testing, or regulatory/law experience
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, either working for another broker dealer, law firm, big 4 firm or regulator
- Experience implementing governance frameworks
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Project Management experience
- Understanding of accounting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top