Operations - Operations Mgmt & Strategy - Risk Management - VP - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
We are looking for an experienced Operations professional to work as the Risk Manager within the New York City office. Responsibilities include:
- Risk Investigation
- Leverage your analytical skills to identify new risks in Operations' processing across a wide variety of products and markets for which there are currently no mitigating controls in place, control failures and gaps in processes.
- Post identification, put forward remediation and suggestions to mitigate the risks and enhance the control framework.
- Post Implementation Reviews: perform analysis of a recently implemented process or mitigating control to ensure it has been fully and consistently implemented across Operation.
- Challenge the status quo: provide an independent view and challenge to the risk and control framework in place with the goal to further enhance the team's control environment.
- Incident Review & Analysis: conduct deep dive reviews on the incidents, aiming to define common risk themes and issues, and put forward suggestions for remediation.
- Participate in the Level 1 incident sharing process to work with the line managers in reviewing and sharing the lessons learned
- Risk Metrics and Analysis: work with the Operations team and other regional/functional Operations groups to identify key risk metrics and highlighting areas of concerns, working with line managers on remediation efforts.
- Ensure the risk profile of Operations is properly measured and reported for proactive risk management and transparent management reporting.
- Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA): work with line managers in ensuring the RCSA risk and control templates are updated to reflect the current risk environment and also vet through RCSA issues raised to ensure proper remediation is in place
- New Product Process: provide guidance and advice from a risk and control perspective to ensure risks arising from new products & business are properly addressed
- Work closely with other risk managers in other locations to share key initiatives and best practices; better integrate with the wider global Operations Risk Management teams
- Interact with a wide variety of departments including Compliance, Internal Audit, Technology and ORMA to further fine tune the risk and control framework and share best practices among the Federation teams
- Increase the awareness on risk management and strengthen the control mind-set of the Operations teams in the region
- Elevate your exposure to senior management through effective presentations and interactions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to liaise with various Operations & other Federation teams both regionally and globally.
- Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the Firm's operational processing and control requirements are strongly recommended together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Strong communication skills to clearly articulate issues and ideas with different levels across Operations and Federation stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows, and excellent attention to details.
- Sound time management skills to be able to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Proven track record of improving processes and demonstrating successful teamwork
- Proven ability to effectively manage operational risks and to develop control enhancements
- Strong control mind set with a passion for risk management
- Good interpersonal skills to build strong relationship with key stakeholders within and outside of Operations
- Good influencing skills to work with the Operations team in challenging the status quo and continuously enhancing the control environment
- Innovative and flexible in coming up with suggestions and ideas
- Strong project management and teamwork skills
- Inquisitive and able to learn quickly
- Good working knowledge of emerging business, economic and market trends.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top