Operations - Operations Mgmt & Strategy - Ops Mgmt & Digital Transformation - Vice President - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Are you looking to use your analytical and communication skills to drive high priority and strategic initiatives to help shape Operations' broader capabilities vision while expanding on your leadership skills and visibility across the entire Goldman Sachs organization?
Our Digital Transformation team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders to deliver RPA, workflow, documents digitization and BI initiatives that play an important role in Operations' day-to-day business. You will play an instrumental role in defining the strategy and in delivering capabilities by working with the technology and vendor teams.
Our team leads high priority, cross-Operations automation initiatives, addressing key strategic issues and functional architecture. In close partnership with Operations and Technology managers, Digital Transformation helps to shape and implement operations' global technology strategy to meet business goals. We aid in ensuring technology investments deliver efficiencies and control, and balances tactical and strategic spend.
Intelligent Automation team leads high priority, Cross-Operations initiatives, addressing key strategic issues and functional architecture. In close partnership with Operations and Technology managers. Intelligent Automation team also helps to shape and implement operations' global technology strategy to meet business goals.
The immediate area of impact for this role is supporting the development of cross-Operations applications; the successful candidate will work with business units to identify high impact and quality automation opportunities across divisions (including F2B) in scalable manner, have some experience of application/product development lifecycle, from defining the application scope and operating principles to being involved on a team developing detailed design for workflow, through to testing and go-live. The successful candidate will ideally have some BPM (Business Process Modelling) experience (whether visual design, information flows etc.) and be able to inform design discussions on how to make the end user experience as rich and positive as possible. The successful candidate will also have some change management experience, and be familiar with the process of creating training needs analyses, training materials and end user communications. The successful candidate will have experience of working on complex projects and competing priorities across multiple work streams with a view to managing and executing key deliverables across various project phases, and will have experience of creating and maintaining project plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead priority cross-operations strategic initiatives, including analysis, business requirements, senior stakeholder management communications and project execution.
- Supervise all phases of major initiative development from concept through tangible deliverables, resulting in multi-year implementation plans for significant segments of Operations' strategic architecture.
- Interact with stakeholders and other constituents at all levels in Operations and Technology.
- Create and manage project plans for capabilities enhancements and related project initiatives.
- Partner with Operations business units to assess and streamline processes in order to mitigate risk or control issues and generate efficiencies.
- Assess automation opportunity from technical perspective and perform due diligence to arrive at optimal solution.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 12+ years of professional experience.
- Be a motivated, energetic team player.
- Strong analytical skills and project management technical skills.
- Project scope definition,Project issues, challenges, risks definition.
- Development of high quality deliverables.
- Great organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and make decisions as required.
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees and navigating organizations.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate complex concepts and form practical solutions.
- Be highly collaborative, team orientated and a strong consensus builder.
- Self-motivated and well organized. Proven track record; ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritise accordingly and make decisions as required.
- Exerience in Digital Transformation and new technologies, automation, Business intelligence & process design tools.
- Background in technology including understanding of technology architecture would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A flexible, proactive, energetic approach is essential.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top