Operations - Operations Mgmt & Strategy - Market Solutions Team - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you looking to apply your project management, client focus and business analysis skills in order to drive the sourcing and mutualization strategy for the Operations division? The Market Solutions team is looking for a Vice President who is capable of driving the division's target operations model by identifying and executing industry opportunities, and by creating and maintaining relationships through the division, firm and with external stakeholders, to deliver on strategy. In this role, you will interface with global stakeholders in Operations, Technology, Legal, Compliance and the Securities Division, as well as a diverse portfolio of vendors, clients and counterparties.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Pro-actively manage external relationships for GS including central counterparties and other third party pre- and post-trade service providers to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals
- Partner with divisional and business stakeholders to identify and execute on opportunities to develop optimal industry operating models, thereby facilitating GS business needs
- Seek opportunities to facilitate the delivery of the Operations strategy by creatively leveraging existing or establishing new external relationships to develop optimal sourcing solutions for the industry and the firm
- Provide transparent connectivity for market infrastructure relationships at all levels of the organization
- Coordinate the firm's vendor management program for market infrastructure providers, which will assess vendors' risk management, fee structure, service level, and issue resolution
EXPERIENCE AND EXPECTATIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5+ years of professional work experience, with previous experience in Operations, the Financial Services industry, Project Management, Vendor Management and / or Management Consulting
- Bachelors/ Undergraduate Degree
- Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strong presentation skills
- Track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top