Operations- Operations Mgmt & Strategy- Digital Transformation - Associate - New York
- New York, NY
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow
Do you want to help drive the future strategy across finance? Do you want to help find and assess the latest fintech firms and technologies? Are you looking to apply your leadership, presentation, project management, and business analysis skills in order to change the way the Operations division and finance more broadly works? The Market Solutions team is looking for a VP who is able to collaborate across the firm to build a future state operating model. Identifying and executing industry opportunities, by creating and maintaining relationships through the division, firm and with external stakeholders. In this role, you will interface with global stakeholders in Operations, Technology, Legal, Compliance and Trading, as well as a diverse portfolio of vendors, clients and counterparties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Identify opportunities to develop optimal industry operating models though partner with divisional, business and external stakeholders
• Review new fintech firms for opportunities to accelerate digital transformation at GS
• Drive adoption of innovative solutions and technologies across the firm to deliver a more efficient cost effective process.
• Proactively manage external relationships for GS including central counterparties and other third party pre- and post-trade service providers to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals
• Provide transparent connectivity for market infrastructure relationships at all levels of the organization
• Research new technologies, vendors and concepts then facilitate internal education and socialisation of these advances.
• Coordinate the firm's vendor management program for market infrastructure providers, which will assess vendors' risk management, fee structure, service level, and issue resolution
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• At least 3 years of professional work experience, with previous experience in Operations, the Financial Services industry, Project Management, Vendor Management and / or Management Consulting
• Bachelors/ Undergraduate Degree
• Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
• Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
• Strong presentation and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses
• Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking
• Track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top