Operations - Operations Management & Strategy - Income & Expense Management Ops - Associate - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with exchanges, auditors, legal teams, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for a systems savvy individual to apply their financial and accounting skills and contribute to process improvement projects.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Income & Expense Team is responsible for the calculation of commissions related to our futures businesses. The accurate management of commissions is critical to the profitability of our organization. The team manages coding of commissions and the documentation of legal agreements required to pay and charge clients/brokers accurately at all times.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide timely client or business query support
- Enhance and improve our processes and functions by becoming a technical expert
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners as well as external contacts to improve strategic process workflows
- Initiate legal agreements, ensure accurate commission coding, rebate/charge calculation, collections and posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Proactive, enthusiastic approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute daily tasks without a routine checklist to follow
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgment
Preferred Qualifications•2 years’ experience in banking, accounting, financial services or related fields
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top