Operations - Operations Management & Strategy - Digital Transformation - Associate - Salt Lake City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the globe. Alongside this integral service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. Behind every trade executed, every new product launched, every market entered, and every transaction completed is an Operations team that develops the foundational processes and controls that make our business flow.
Digital Transformation team is charged with using digital reengineering tooling, principles and practices to transform operational processes. We operate across Operations and in many cases across the firm and have the mandate to find and deploy technologies that provide broad uplift to the operational environment (such as workflow; RPA; Analytics; etc.).
A successful candidate would utilize his/her skills in BI infrastructure across the full enterprise data stack to provide a stable, well-tuned and managed data environment for BI professionals across the firm and work with Operations BI professionals to extract maximum value from this infrastructure to solve business problems. This includes responsibility for SQL databases functioning as data warehouses, ETL platforms, visualization platforms, data quality and master data platforms.
This individual will also be responsible for managing appropriate governance to ensure compliance with regulation, working to identify and eliminate barriers to progress in BI across teams, help teams improve the performance of their assets. In addition, him/her will need to stay aware of the current market and state of technology to keep our infra at a competitive level and partner with broader Digital Transformation to ensure that we can use this capability to accelerate reengineering across firm.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to have an impact within GS Operations as the prevalence and velocity of data intelligence grows - this role also provides an opportunity to interact at firm level, engaging the firm-wide strategy and playing a role in shaping the direction of the data tooling & strategy for the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Preferred: Experience managing Viz deployments (Tableau; Power BI; Qlik)
- Preferred: Experience or certification in database administration
- Clear understanding of dev-ops in a BI Data-stack environment - including monitoring; management of change; incident and availability management
- Demonstrated understanding of the full end-to-end enterprise data stack - from the data store; to ETL; data quality & master data; through to data warehouses and data engineering / modelling; and final consumption
- Able to translate technical data capabilities to an operational audience
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and an ability to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Articulate issues clearly and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Listen well and be receptive to others' ideas and suggestions, encouraging open and collaborative dialogue among team members
- Identify client needs and appropriately work to understand the foundations of great client experience, while leveraging available internal tools to provide the best service possible
- Establish, cultivate and leverage relationships to identify and execute on process enhancements
- Articulate operational and risk impacts related to a specific task or procedure
- Develop controls to proactively manage risks in this domain (e.g. entitlement; data proliferation control etc.)
- Apply root cause analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements or work prioritization
Management, Leadership & Culture
- Foster a culture of solving the firm's problems and driving towards business value
- Provide coaching & assistance where possible to other teams and organisational leaders to make better use of data and data assets
- Ability to manage a plan across multiple competing priorities (multiple platforms, all of which will have different needs at different times)
- SQL Database Administrator
- Tableau / Qliq / Power BI / Cognos environment manager
- Experience in BI delivery through vendor platforms like Alteryx
- Preferably ex-technology with 3-5 years experience in high velocity delivery
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top