Operations – Operations Data Quality Management – Legal Entity Management – Associate – Salt Lake City
Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with regulators, internal and external legal teams, Controllers, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The Legal Entity Management Team is responsible for validating and managing the reference data (e.g., names, ownership, regulatory classifications, etc.) associated with the firm’s legal entities and private equity investments. The accurate management of the firm’s entity data is critical for (1) regulatory compliance/reporting and (2) legal/financial purposes. The team is also responsible for submitting regulatory reports for Goldman Sachs entities (e.g., FR Y-10, FR Y-6, FR Y-8, SEC 13-H/Large Trader, FCA Close Links, etc.) and managing the firm’s list of Reg W 23A Affiliates.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports to regulators, primarily the Federal Reserve
- Review legal documents to validate and manage entity data
- Work with Legal and other stakeholders to resolve any open questions/issues
- Fulfill entity data requests submitted by stakeholders around the firm (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Controllers, etc.)
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgement
Preferred Qualifications•3-5 years of experience in financial services, law, or related fields
- Document review and regulatory reporting experience
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top