Operations - Operations Data Quality Management - Client Onboarding/Client Due Diligence - Vice President -Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
YOUR IMPACT Our Client Onboarding team is seeking a professional who is looking to work with a wide variety of individuals from the Investment Banking Division (IBD), Institutional Sales, Compliance and Operations to facilitate an excellent client onboarding experience and mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of franchise related transactions.
As a member of the Client On boarding organization, the individual will specialize in the review of AML/KYC documentation and the approval of new relationships for the Americas institutional business. The individual will work directly with our internal partners, clients and sales in a fast paced environment with precision and accuracy. In addition, the individual will lead and motivate team members, work cross-functionally for process and procedure solutions and manage escalations. The ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organization, including sales, legal and compliance, is critical.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. From a high level, Operations Data Quality Management (ODQM) supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the firm. This group manages key relationships for the bank and infrastructure providers, onboarding of institutional and prime brokerage clients, and assists in the coordination of issuance of new financial products.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure due diligence is performed to comply with Know Your Customer' regulations
- Develop expertise in the Firm's Anti Money Laundering/Customer Identification due diligence policies
- Draft procedures to reflect changing regulatory requirements
- Devise and implement process improvement efficiencies
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to obtain relevant on boarding requirements
- Approve the opening of new accounts
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Knowledge of Customer Identification Programs (CIP) a plus
- Understand structure of trading counterparts
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Prudent in escalating potential risk to the Firm
- Securities registrations
- Spanish/Portuguese language skills a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top