Operations - Operations Data Quality Management - Client Entity Management - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
YOUR IMPACT Are you looking to for an opportunity to be part of a team that works directly with regulators, internal and external legal teams, Controllers, and other business partners to solve complex problems and influence change? This is a great opportunity for an analytical individual to utilize their professional skills by controlling risks and driving efficiencies. OUR IMPACT The Legal Entity Management Team is responsible for validating and managing the reference data (e.g., names, ownership, regulatory classifications, etc.) associated with the firm's legal entities and private equity investments. The accurate management of the firm's entity data is critical for (1) regulatory compliance/reporting and (2) legal/financial purposes. The team is also responsible for submitting regulatory reports for Goldman Sachs entities (e.g., FR Y-10, FR Y-6, FR Y-8, SEC 13-H/Large Trader, FCA Close Links, etc.) and managing the firm's list of Reg W 23A Affiliates.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports to regulators, primarily the Federal Reserve
- Review legal documents to validate and manage entity data
- Work with Legal and other stakeholders to resolve any open questions/issues
- Fulfill entity data requests submitted by stakeholders around the firm (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Controllers, etc.)
- Become a subject matter expert to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies
- Collaborate with our technology and business partners to enhance systems and workflows
- Bachelor's degree
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and creative approach with very high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and execute daily tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative and team-focused with ability to interact effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills along with the ability to use discretion and good judgement
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services, law, or related fields
- Document review and regulatory reporting experience
- Competency with MS Suite, especially Excel, and the ability to learn multiple programs quickly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top