Operations - Margin, Collateral and Valuations Operations - Cleared Collateral - Analyst - Salt Lake City
An analyst within Cleared Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk and managing exchange relationships. Through the performance and reengineering of a number of operational processes, a successful candidate will be exposed to opportunities to support initial and variation margin calculation, computation of interest and coupon on pledged securities and overall client cash collateral management.
The role involves close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication & technical skills, ability to think quickly and work under pressure as well as excellent client service.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
The team has an opportunity to support products and business ranging from Derivatives and Futures Margining, Exchange Margining and Collateral Optimization. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing & receiving collateral calls to ensure the firm’s credit risk is mitigated
- Extensive interaction with Clients
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries
- New client on-boarding
- Liaison with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve collateral issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues at the same time while meeting client deadlines
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top