Operations, Local Markets Operations, Associate, Mumbai
- Mumbai, India
As a middle office professional in the India Broker Dealer Operations team you will hold a challenging, client-facing role, providing front to back operational support to international trading desks and external clients accessing the Indian equity and Listed Derivative markets.
The India Broker Dealer Operations team is part of the Operations, Technology and Finance (OT&F) division of Goldman Sachs and functions within the Indian securities entity; Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private limited (GIPL). It is a relatively small team located out of two offices; Mumbai and Bengaluru supporting trading desks and external clients accessing the dynamic and heavily regulated Indian market through the Indian broking entity GIPL.
The India Broker Dealer Operations team provides front to back support for all operational aspects of India equities and listed derivative trading, from client initiation all the way through to margin and position management , settlement accounting whilst upholding strict standards of client service and risk management. To this end, the team supports sales and trading while closely collaborating with other parts of the federation such as technology, controllers, legal, compliance and various other teams within operations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Trade booking, allocation , clearing and confirmation of Indian equity & Listed Derivatives trades executed by the firm and its clients
• Performing essential client service and trader support in timely manner by furnishing traders in Mumbai and other location with essential trade and market data
• Handling all day to day functions of the team
• Client reporting on end of day position and margin requirements
• Continuously drive projects involving new products roll out, new system implementation, process improvements, regulatory changes etc.
• Obtaining an in-depth knowledge of the rules, regulations and various nuances of the Indian equities & Listed Derivatives market as well as a sound understanding of our systems
• Responding promptly to client and counterparty inquiries, committing to deliverables as well as undertaking ad hoc investigation and analysis
• Performing regulatory trade reporting to the exchanges and liaising with domestic custodians/clearing members on trade matching and fail trade resolution/ give out trades respectively.
• Client Margin Collateral Management and liaising with Corporate Treasury and various banks on Fixed Deposit placements
• Maintaining a strict control standard on our downstream books of accounts and ensuring breaks are resolved in a timely manner
• Partnering with clients, trading desks and technology to improve efficiency, scalability and improve client experience through process re-engineering
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in equity and Listed derivatives markets.
• Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
• Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
• Trading operations and middle office experience
• Experience in the Indian Listed Derivative markets
• Strong communication skill and comfortable interacting with external clients
• Proactively seeks knowledge and takes up self-learning initiatives
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top