Operations - Local Markets Operations - Analyst - Riyadh
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations supports the Securities, Investment Management and Investment Banking Divisions of the Firm. Securities Settlements Department manages the procedural, risk and reporting functions involved in the trade settlement process across multiple Firm entities in EMEA. Trade settlement covers multiple product types and is inclusive of 'vanilla' bilateral trading; Syndicate Deals and client account asset transfers. As market regulations evolve, the team works to ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate risk, and strives to enhance the Firm's technology infrastructure to meet new client business requirements. We seek team orientated candidates who can demonstrate excellent analytical and client service skill and understands risk behind potential failing trades.
Principal Responsibilities include:
- Prepare to gain a comprehensive understanding of the trade and settlement lifecycle in Saudi Arabia by interacting with local regulators, vendors, trading Desks, Custodian banks, and other global Operations teams in order to work toward the shared goal of risk mitigation
- Risk manage day-to-day operations of Saudi Arabia EQ offering while providing exceptional client service
- Ensure risk, control and service level requirements are maintained. Working with trading, sales, compliance and other ops areas to resolve problems with the settlement process
- Manage exceptions relating to trades
- Reconcile bookings verus the exchange in order to ensure accuracy of our books and records
- Analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a strong risk and control mindset
- Fluency both in Arabic and English
- Good communication and relationship building capabilities
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work under time critical constraints and execute to deadlines in a high pressure environment
Position is based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top