Operations - Liquidity & Collateral - Margin, Collateral & Val Ops - Cleared Collateral Management team - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
An analyst within Cleared Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counter-party credit risk and managing exchange relationships. Through the performance and -re-engineering of a number of operational processes, a successful candidate will be exposed to opportunities to support initial and variation margin calculation, computation of interest and coupon on pledged securities and overall client cash collateral management.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication & technical skills, ability to think quick and work under pressure as well as excellent client service.
We promote cross training and ensure our Analysts develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out. You can expect to be given early responsibilities and in return you will be expected to contribute your own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
Daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Daily monitoring of client portfolios, issuing & receiving collateral calls to ensure the firm's credit risk is mitigated.
- Extensive interaction with Clients.
- Resolution and escalation of all client disputes and queries.
- New client on-boarding.
- Liaison with internal groups (Credit, Sales, Trading, Middle office, Legal, Front Office, Settlements, and Corporate Treasury) to resolve collateral issues.
- Reconciliation of portfolios.
- Collateral Optimization.
- Problem and break resolution.
- Performing a number of control functions, ensuring the integrity of our processes.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Collateral Management and MCVO provide analysts with the unique opportunity to interact with a wide range of internal stake-holders, developing extensive networks and as a result, a generally broader understanding of the range of products traded and structured by the firm. This is primarily due to the cross product nature of the department and varied functions and processes from derivative valuations, futures valuations, system flows and interfaces, legal and regulatory requirements, through to custody, exchange margining processes as well as settlement and risk management. Also the daily interaction with clients will enable the Analyst to further develop their client service skills.
SKILL / EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong motivation to succeed, both as an individual and as a team.
- Control focused
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective team player.
- Problem solving and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong appreciation of client service.
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues at the same time while meeting client deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top