Operations - Liquidity & Collateral - Margin, Collateral and Valuations - Portfolio Reconciliation Team - Analyst - Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Apply your analytical and quantitative skills while expanding your knowledge of OTC derivative products and collateral management functions. Our Portfolio Reconciliation team is seeking a professional to ensure regulatory compliance and manage counterparty risk by analyzing, investigating and resolving valuation discrepancies and disputes. You'll collaborate across divisions, including Sales, Trading, Finance, Compliance and Operations.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Portfolio Reconciliation is a team within Operations that ensures regulatory compliance with Dodd Frank and EMIR regulations related to derivatives in addition to helping manage counterparty and credit risk arising from disputes related to collateral exchange.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of Interest Rate, Credit, Equity, Foreign Exchange and Commodity derivative products including their valuation methods, functions and operational lifecycles.
- Learn and the various regulatory frameworks and regimes related to OTC derivative trading to ensure compliance.
- Develop the knowledge of how derivative products work operationally within the Firm and industry, with focus on how and why they are margined and collateralized.
- Leverage your quantitative and investigation skills to compare and analyze GS and counterparty trades and portfolios to discover the drivers of valuation discrepancies.
- Showcase your people skills by partnering with Sales, Trading, Controllers and Clients to resolve discrepancies and disputes and reduce risk profile.
- Use your "question everything" mindset to identify control weaknesses and operational capability improvements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field
- Basic understanding of financial markets and derivative products
- Industry knowledge, specifically related to finance firm Operations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top