Operations - Liquidity and Collateral - Margin, Collateral and Valuations/Collateral Management - Analyst - Salt Lake City
Are you looking to apply your quantitative skills while deepening your understanding of margin process for various products? Our collateral Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with Clients, Credit risk, Sales, Controllers, traders, strategists and structurers to mitigate risks associated with the Collateral management functions.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Collateral Management, part of Margin, Valuations & Pricing Operations sits within the Goldman Sachs Liquidity and Collateral Operations organization. A global, multi-faceted and cross product function, the primary objective of the department is the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through the active monitoring of clients’ derivative and securities financing portfolios. Collateral Management is currently 120 staff strong in globally, with regions in Salt Lake City, New York, London, Bangalore and Singapore working closely together. The team has a rare opportunity to support products and business ranging from foreign exchange, commodities, credit, equity, interest rates, repo, insurance/pensions and bespoke structured derivatives and arrangements. The team manages a wide range of complex processes, with members developing skills and competencies around derivative & security products and their respective business areas, legal agreements, technology flows and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the mitigation of counterparty credit risk through performance of a number of operational processes.
- Analysts will be expected to perform these functions as well as demonstrating innovation and a proactive approach, highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements
- Extensive interaction with clients and close partnership with a wide range of areas, including Credit Risk Management, Legal and Compliance, Sales, Trading, Risk Management and other Operations Departments.
- We promote cross training and ensure our Analysts develop a broad level of understanding across the varied departmental functions carried out.
- Grow with the team; develop a deeper understanding of complex transactions and work with our business partners to progress our business goals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience.
- 4. Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications•The role is client facing so the associate will require strong communication skills and should be highly articulate.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top