Operations - IMD Operations - Regulatory Middle Office - Analyst - Jersey City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Are you looking to apply your analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management regulation? Our Regulatory Middle Office team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with portfolio managers, client relationship managers, compliance specialists and attorneys to mitigate risks associated with the capture and documentation of regulatory position and transaction reporting.
The Regulatory Middle Office ("RMO") team is responsible for providing business management and expertise in GSAM's regulatory reporting, filings and trade surveillance, as well as initializing and driving the full-cycle of various audits. RMO serves as the regulatory interface for internal and external business partners including Auditors, Fund Administrators, Custodians, Controllers, Legal, Compliance, Trading Desks, Client Relationship Management, Technology, and other Operational teams. RMO is keenly focused on risk management; ensuring the accuracy and precision of regulatory reporting and audit management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Holistic ownership and understanding of all Regulatory reporting requirements from a GSAM Operations perspective.
- Ensure data accuracy and oversight in handling requests relating to Regulation and Audits.
- Ensure the requirements are specified in a manner suitable for the intended audience and are understandable, unambiguous and capable of being implemented and tested.
- Daily correspondence with our strategic business partners to review open requests and assign ownership.
- Pro-actively review processes in an effort to gain efficiencies and improved risk oversight.
- Defining clear and comprehensive timelines, estimating and planning tasks that are inter-dependent to meet objectives.
- Perform surveillance to monitor for potential breaches for various limits set forth by regulators and exchanges
- Complete affiliated transaction reporting and monitoring for our 1940 Act Propriety and Sub-advised funds
- Assist with regulatory filings such as N-MFP, Form PF, CPO-PQR, CPO-CTA, NFA-PR and Form S
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree
- Team oriented and contributes to an inclusive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates understanding of risk management: understanding of controls, escalations and engagement of relevant groups
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking
- Experience in the Finance Industry and/or Regulatory Industry
- Experience in reporting
- Experience with change management or process improvement a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top