Operations – IMD Operations – Product and Treasury Support – Analyst – Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your client service and analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our Product and Treasury Support team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with our diversified client base and global business counterparts to provide best service while driving forward change in the operations division.
The Product and Treasury Support team sits within the Client Management organization of GSAM Operations and has primary responsibility for all aspects of cash management, liquidity management, and investment guideline monitoring. Our functions cover all GSAM business units across the fund, institutional and retail channels. We support the investment management division by providing accurate and timely liquidity and guideline information while overseeing aspects of operational risk across portfolios. We are also actively engaged in cross-divisional initiatives to further enhance the service provided to the investment teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform daily portfolio and trading surveillance and perform client and regulatory coding to ensure that GSAM meets strict regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities across all types of financial instruments and portfolio management strategies
- Work with the Portfolio Management team and other internal functional areas of GSAM in order to resolve client and regulatory investment guideline breaches
- Work with Compliance, outside counsel and other areas of GSAM to drive remediation of open issues
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual investment guidelines surveillance of asset management accounts for investment guidelines. Products include U.S. registered mutual funds, pooled vehicles, hedge funds, sub-advised products and separately managed accounts
- Provide extensive support to traders / portfolio management on all position, exposure and cash
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and forecast daily cash balances in multi-currency portfolios
- Perform analysis on daily excess cash balances across GSAM and determine optimal short term investment values
- Mitigate liquidity risks by monitoring daily liquidity drain on cash and ensuring optimal balance available
- Ensurefund's liquidity requirements are kept safe at both core and non-core locations
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 1 year experience in asset management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top