Operations - IMD Operations GSAM Ops - Client Management - Vice President - Jersey City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Holistic ownership and understanding of client accounts from a GSAM Operations perspective by coordinating client issues across all operations teams and business partners, and act as a single point of contact for GSAM Operations
- Coordinate and manage tasks across a multi-disciplined team to ensure all operational information relating to an account event is received and systems are set up prior to account trading activity.
- Liaise with client's appointed counterparties (custodian, prime broker etc.) to enable connectivity, establish operational flows and respond to service requests and inquiries. Interpret and determine Operational client requirements and service standards from legal documentation and business requirements supporting all account events. Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally.
- Ensure accounting data accuracy and provide accounting policy oversight in order to create controlled environment for investment management process.
- Daily cash forecasting in multi-currency portfolios to include overdraft monitoring and fund liquidity reporting
- Trading desk support to include ad-hoc queries as well as ongoing business initiatives
- Proactively review indicators of operational issues/concerns with the goal of resolving such issues before client impact
- Review account level metrics (i.e. reconciling items on cash/position reconciliations, daily corporate actions, NAV Reconciliations, failing trades, standard/non-standard reporting deliverables) as defined by operating standards and research, escalate, remediate exceptions as appropriate
- Provide governance and transparency for client collections by overseeing open receivables process and coordinating with Distribution Team.
- Providing effective thought leadership in navigating evolving financial regulatory landscape and helping to develop technological solutions to build appropriate architecture
- Apply process reengineering methodologies in executing strategies and tactical solutions
- Scalability analysis of workflow cost drivers and trends to help drive process improvements and efficiency, budgeting and cost allocation to various revenue producing desks
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Previous experience in Operations and/or Financial Services industry
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups, regions and functional responsibilities.
- Be a strategic thinker, possesses strong facilitation and data gathering skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Risk management focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top